Occupational Therapists support people to be as independent as possible in their daily activities. Occupational Therapists set meaningful and participant centred goals that aim to ensure participants can actively partake in the life they want as independently as possible.
Some of the areas we can assist with include:
- Assistive Technology e.g. Wheelchair and Seating, Bathroom and Toilet Equipment
- Supported Independent Living Assessment (SIL) and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) Assessments
- Functional Assessments
- Formal assessments including Sensory Profile Adult and Paediatric, BOT-2, Vineland-3, M-FUN, The Lawton Instrumental Activities of Daily Living Scale (IADL), Barthel Index, Care and Needs Scale (CANS), Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3)
- Social Skills
- Employment and Workplace Assessments
- Behavioural Supports
- Minor Vehicle and Home Modifications
- Increased Functional Capacity
- Fine Motor and Gross Motor Skills
- Daily Living Skills
- Assist with iPad, Laptop and Play Equipment Applications/Letter of Support (during COVID)
Connect2Care Occupational Therapists work alongside our Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Dietitians as required providing a united and holistic approach to care.